Podcast Episode 134: This is Gaby Ermstrang
This episode of the This is Reportage Podcast is sponsored by Pic-time – Innovating the digital space between photographers & their clients. Online Galleries, Store, Marketing Automation, Slideshows.
New users can get 1 bonus month when upgrading to any paid plan with the code THISISREPORTAGE. Try Pic-Time Free for 30-Days!
The all-round brilliant documentary photographer, Gaby Ermstrang, is my guest on the Podcast this week. Based in the Netherlands, Gaby has won 9 Reportage Family Awards and 3 Family Story Awards from us, and has been in our Top 100 Family Photographers Worldwide for the past two years in a row. We cover lots of topics on the episode today, including:
- her thoughts and tips on entering our Family Awards, as a past judge herself,
- how an image from her first wedding went viral around the world,
- the story behind her ‘pink flamingo’ Family Award,
- how she got into teaching and mentoring, and why she loves doing it,
- funeral photography; why it’s so important to capture, and how she approaches it,
- tips for if you’re at the beginning of your documentary family photography journey,
- our Netflix synopsis game,
- and so much more…
Below is the Reportage Family Award Gaby talks about on the episode:
We now have 134 episodes of the podcast, and each and every episode contains so many personal stories, bits of advice and tips from world-class photographers. Over here you can find them all – including all our wedding photography podcast episodes – or head over here for our family photography podcast episodes.