Podcast Episode 126: This is Moira La Plante
An honour to chat to the fab Moira La Plante today! One of the best documentary family photographers in the world, Moira was recently ranked 2nd in the USA on This is Reportage: Family for 2022, and 13th in the world. Not only that, but alongside her husband Jesse La Plante, they were our overall Photographers of the Year for 2022 on our wedding site, This is Reportage. Incredible feats! We focus more on her family work today, as Moira shares all about:
- how she began her photography journey and discovering documentary family photography,
- why being present in the moment is so important,
- her favourite focal length for capturing families,
- the story behind one of her specific Reportage Family Awards,
- working with her husband Jesse and how they out-source to each other,
- why building strong connections with her clients is so important,
- and so much more…
Speaking of Jesse, I also had the pleasure of chatting to him for an episode, which I’ve also released today – two for the price of one! – so if you’d like to hear from him as well, check out the next episode.
Moira & Jesse are also doing a joint-workshop in Mexico on 20th – 22nd March 2023; you can find out more about their mentoring and workshops, and grab one of the last places over here.
Below is the Reportage Family Award that Moira talks about on the episode:
We now have 127 episodes of the podcast, and each and every episode contains so many personal stories, bits of advice and tips from world-class photographers. Over here you can find them all – including all our wedding photography podcast episodes – or head over here for our family photography podcast episodes.