Podcast Episode 105: This is Phil Salisbury
An absolute pleasure to chat to the one and only Phil Salisbury for Podcast #105! Based in the UK, Phil recently won 4 Reportage Awards from us in our first Collection of 2022 – an incredible achievement – and he talks about a couple of those Awards on the episode today, as well as much more, including:
- his journey to becoming a photographer and the transferable skills from his past jobs
- shooting close and how he lights up the dancefloor (both with his flash and his dance moves…!)
- his hatred of baked beans
- our Netflix synopsis game
- top tips for improving your documentary coverage
- thoughts on judging our This is Reportage: Family awards
- teenage celebrity crushes
- and much more!
Below are the couple of Reportage Awards that Phil speaks about in the episode:
We now have 105 episodes of the podcast, and each and every episode contains so many personal stories, bits of advice and tips from world-class photographers. Over here you can find them all – including all our wedding photography podcast episodes – or head over here for our family photography podcast episodes.