We Want *You* For the Podcast!
Hi everyone! I would love to feature *you* on the Podcast; I think it would be fab to have an episode where lots of people (hopefully) feature – a kind of ‘montage’ episode. Would be great to hear all your voices!
So, this is obviously an experiment, and so I have no idea how many of you will actually want to participate – if any! – but I want to try it anyway. I’d like this first ‘montage’ episode to be all about the current pandemic – and it can be really anything you want to say about it. I’d like it to be between 1 – 2 minutes maximum, and it could be things like tips/advice on how you’re staying positive, your thoughts on how the industry may change, some current Netflix series that are getting you through it, how you may advise to stay away from the news, how you’ve been dealing with clients – perhaps just a message of support – really, anything you want to say. I think it’d be lovely for other photographers all over the world to hear you all.
It’s also super easy to record and send me your voice just by using your phone. So, if you’d like to feature on the special Podcast episode, simply:
- Press the ‘start recording’ button at the bottom of this page to record your voice using your phone.
- Don’t worry if you make a mistake; after you have recorded, you can review the message before deciding to send it to me – if you want to try again, just click ‘restart’.
- When you’re happy, click ‘send’.
- That’s it!
***Please ensure you do the following***
- ***Very important***: Please say your name at the beginning of your message.
- It would be great if your message is between 1 – 2 minutes. 2 minutes is the maximum, as I want to feature as many people as possible, but the episode can’t go on for hours and hours…!
- Please speak in English. It’s totally fine – and encouraged! – to say a few words in your native language (‘Bonjour from France!’ etc), but all the rest of your message should be in English, please.
- Record with your phone’s microphone near your mouth, and please try to ensure there isn’t any/much background noise, if possible. You can also record using your laptop/PC, but generally a phone recording is better than an in-built microphone on a laptop (unless you have a separate mic); so, generally, a phone recording is better.
By sending me a voice message, you are agreeing for it to be used in the Podcast. Please also note that I can’t guarantee that every message will be used – I want to feature as many of you as possible, but, depending on factors such as if your file contains lots of background noise, or if lots of people are saying the exact same thing, for example, or if we get a huge amount of messages, I may not be able to include everyone. I will 100% try to feature as many as possible though! (Of course, it may also be the case that only a few people – or even no-one! – wants to participate – I have no idea! – but I really think it is worth a go).
Deadline to get your recordings to me is by 23:59 BST on Wednesday 8th April 2020.
I look forward to hearing you and featuring you on the Podcast! Simply click the button below to send me your message: